Asia’s International Trading and Finance Centres
Edited by François Gipouloux
Asia’s trading and financial hubs have become global cities which frequently have more in common and closer linkages with each other than with their corresponding hinterlands. As this book expounds, these global cities illustrate to what extent world trends deeply penetrate and permeate the national territorial interiors and processes that were otherwise presumed to be controlled by the State.
- Published in print:
- 31 Oct 2011
Show Summary Details
- Gateways to Globalisation
- Chapter 1: From Entrepôts to Service Integrators: Asian Metropolises in a Changing Flows and Nodes Configuration
- Chapter 2: Tokyo’s Changing Role as a Financial Center Since the Seventeenth Century
- Chapter 3: 17th-Century Nagasaki: Entrepôt for the Zheng, the VOC and the Tokugawa Bakufu
- Chapter 4: Regional Headquarters for Multinational Enterprises in Chinese Cities: Strategies for Location
- Chapter 5: China’s Tax System on Foreign Enterprises and its Impact on Multinational Firms’ Localization Strategies
- Chapter 6: Hong Kong and Shanghai: Rivalry or Complementarity Among Asia’s International Service Hubs?
- Chapter 7: Hong Kong: An Upgraded Gateway for China Trade
- Chapter 8: Singapore in the New Economic Geography: From Geographical Location to the Relocation of Economic Dynamics
- Chapter 9: The Factors of Competitiveness of Greater Chinese Cities: The Case of the Localization of Foreign Research and Development in Beijing and Shanghai
- Chapter 10: The Global Economic Crisis: Opportunities for Major Cities in East and Southeast Asia?
- Chapter 11: The Eastward Shift: Rising Role and New Positioning of East Asian Cities in the Global Economy
- Chapter 12: Can Shanghai Become the New Hong Kong of China?
- Chapter 13: China’s Emerging Financial Centers: Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong
- Chapter 14: Evaluating Beijing and Shanghai as Global Financial Centers
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.