Edited by Phoebus Athanassiou
This unique and detailed Handbook provides a comprehensive source of analysis and research on alternative investment funds in the EU, the US and other leading jurisdictions.
- Published in print:
- 29 Feb 2012
Show Summary Details
- Research Handbook on Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Alternative Investments
- Preface and acknowledgements
- Chapter 1: Hedge Funds – An Introduction
- Chapter 2: Europe’s Hedge Fund Industry – An Overview
- Chapter 3: Sovereign-wealth Funds – A Paradigm Shift in Capital Flows in the Global Economy
- Chapter 4: Private Equity Funds’ Performance, Risk and Selection
- Chapter 5: Alternative Investments and Retail Investors – A Bold but Risky Experiment
- Chapter 6: Hedge Fund Reporting
- Chapter 7: Hedge Fund Activism
- Chapter 8: Hedge Funds and the Detection of Managerial Fraud
- Chapter 9: Self-regulation – What Future in the Context of Hedge Funds?
- Chapter 10: Hedge Fund Regulation through Competition Law Principles – Some Reflections
- Chapter 11: Lessons of Long-Term Capital Management and Amaranth Advisors
- Chapter 12: Hedge Funds and their Impact on Systemic Stability
- Chapter 13: Sovereign Default Risks in the Economic and Monetary Union and the Role of Vulture Funds
- Chapter 14: US Regulation of Investment Advisers and Private Investment Funds – A Concise Overview
- Chapter 15: German Alternative Investment Fund Regulation – Wrong Answers to the Wrong Questions?
- Chapter 16: Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Alternative Investment in Australia
- Chapter 17: The EU’s AIFM Directive and its Impact – An Overview
- Chapter 18: The Domestic Rooting of Financial Regulation in an Era of Global Capital Markets
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.